Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nautical Mania

At my work with have had a major infiltration of all things nautical; striped tops, striped tees, striped skirts, high waisted dark denim shorts, oh and did I mention stripes? So to add a little something different to my work ensemble I attacked some plain canvas shoes with my glue gun and few bits and bobs.. not bad for under $10. I got the shoes from work 1/2 price, just one of those great employee perks (which I take advantage of far too often) and all the stuff (excluding glue gun & glue which I had from a previous project) from JJ's haberdashery in Redcliffe for $2!! Anyone who is in the Brisbane region and loves crafts should check this little shop out.. It is insanely inexpensive, they have quilting fabric for $6 a metre, a selection of fabric whether for furnishing or just clothing and loads of trimmings. The only downside is that they only accept cash which has in fact saved my bank account many a time.

1 comment: